Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Hard Copy

So I finally did it. I finished up the ending of Callia along with some major tweaks to a few other scenes that I was wanting to do!

Next step - print it out so I can do the final round of editing - all 200+ pages of it.

Why? Because as much as I look at something on the computer my mind just cant take it all in like it does when it's printed out and I can touch it. I can see where I'm making all my corrections instead of just allowing the computer to control me and I end up changing it three times only to have it back to the way it was in the beginning just because I have no idea anymore what it was in the beginning. I find that even with my Kindle I just don't take in a book the same way that I can when I'm really flipping through. Is that crazy? Probably?

If you write how do you best manage edits - on the computer or do you have to have a hard copy too?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about editing but if you want someone to read it and give you an honest opinion about it I can do that for fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bekah, you are amazing! If you're really interested send me your e-mail adress - elizaostrom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete