Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Review: The Edge Chronicles: Beyond the Deepwoods

I picked this book at my library the other week thinking it looked like a cute fantasy series to read and see if Lece would like. Overall I would say that it was a good read and most boys from 8-10 would love it.

The main character is 13 year old Twig. He's been raised by wood trolls in the Deepwoods but never felt like he fit in. He ends up getting lost and journeying through various parts of the Deepwoods meeting all sorts of creatures that each have a danger lurking about them. The book moves along as Twig escapes each creature/danger and reads as more of a collection of sequential short stories with the loose overarching plot of Twig trying to find out more about who he is and where he belongs.

It's fun, it's creepy, and although I don't see Lece enjoying it for the plain ick factor involved with most of the creatures like I said, I think boys her age and older would love it and I'll probably revisit the other books in the series to see what I think about them as Eddie gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment