Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: My Dearest Friend: Letters of Abigail and John Adams

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: "May God almightys Providence protect you, my dear, and all our little ones. My good Genius my Guardian Angell whispers me, that We shall see happier Days, and that I shall live to enjoy the Felicities of domestic Life, with her whom my Heart esteems above all earthly Blessings." from My Dearest Friend: Letters of Abigail and John Adams edited by Margaret A. Hogan and C. James Taylor pg. 160.


My teaser comes from one of the letters written by John Adams to Abigail. So far I've really enjoyed reading it. It's a rare and personal glimpse into the romance, dedication, hardships, and joys that surrounded these leaders during the American Revolution. It covers pretty much everything from the day to day household stuff to what was going on with the battles and in the Continental Congress etc. and as is witnessed in this teaser and throughout, one of the best love stories you'll find. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the diction of this teaser! "that We Shall see happier Days" is very uplifting ^_^ Awesome teaser this week!

    Here's mine:
    http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete