Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Art of Writing a Note

Tuesday, September 4, 1842
My Dearest Anna, 
      I just wanted to thank you so much for your kindly visit the other day. I had such a splendid time chatting with you and I must get your recipe for that most delicious pie. Please come again soon, you know that you are always a welcome guest here. Best wishes for your and your family's health. 
                                                Sincerely yours always, 
                                                Eliza

_____________________________________________________________________

From: Eliza2Cute@aol.com
To: AnnaBear@aol.com
September 4, 1998

Hey there Anna, just wanted to say hi and thanks again for coming over the other day. I had such a blast, it was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again! Talk to you later! BFF
-Eliza

_____________________________________________________________________

From: 123-888-5678
To: 123-888-8765
9/4/12

Hey gf hig - thank u 4 hanging out - c u soon. hmu! luv - E

1 comment:

  1. This is a great example of voice to me. You can get a sense of each writer in each different medium.

    Also, I saw your post on queries. Good luck with it! I wrote a post where I distilled what I learned from QueryShark, if you're interested. http://www.writertherapy.com/blog/writing-advice/how-to-write-a-query-believe-it-or-not-you-already-know-how/

    ReplyDelete