Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dissapointment... Again

So perhaps I am being overly picky but I don't think so. I know that I've ranted and ranted about this one but it still really irks me. It seems like whenever I dare to pick up a book not aimed at YA or Christian audiences that unless it is non-fiction or historical in nature the language and content have me trying to wash my mind out with soap.

Seriously, I get that most people do now talk like that. Still when I read a book with wonderful characters and emotions and an intriguing plot setting I don't want to have to freak out that my 8 year old might grab it. I also find that I am more likely to at least think in those words when I'm upset if I've been reading them and I would absolutely be horrified if I were to actually say it out loud (and yes, there have been a few close calls).

So I'm sending my question out to cyber space - what do you do? Stick to YA or Christian themed books that tend to avoid those things? While I love those genres I always feel like there are characters and plots that are good and I might miss if I avoid the rest completely. I keep hoping for something like IMDB has with the warnings before you read although most of the time I don't know what I'm getting before hand I'm just browsing. ::sigh:: Anyways, my rant for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment