Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Purpose in Writing

Today I was reading this post from Megan DiMaria.

My favorite quote from it: "You can look at the hours of writing and creating as work or you can view that time spent as being obedient to what you believe is your call or your duty. Time spent in creativity is never wasted -- either it will impact the world or it will impact you. Either way, it's good!"

I've been really struggling lately with my writing. I'll open up and say that it's been really hard for me to write lately. Really hard. I've been trying to decide if I've just been kidding myself saying that I can do this.

Anyways, I think I probably need to worry less about what others think, maybe even if what I write is good. Maybe I should just worry about writing what I need to write and let the rest of it work itself out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment