Friday, April 12, 2013

Snow in the Spring

Snow in the Spring
based on Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

That Old Frost King! That Old Frost King!
I do not like that Old Frost King!

Do you like snow in the spring?

I do not like it, Old Frost King.
I do not like snow in the spring.

Would you like it here or there?

I would not like it here or there.
I would not like it anywhere.
I do not like snow in the spring.
I do not like it Old Frost King.

Would you like it on your home?
Would you like it on a garden gnome?

I do not like it on my home.
I do not like it on a gnome.
I do not like it here or there.
I do not like it anywhere.
I do not like snow in the spring.
I do not like it, Old Frost King.

Would you like it from a box?
Would you like it on your socks?

Not from a box. Not on my socks.
Not on my home. Not on a gnome.
I would not like it here or there.
I would not like it anywhere.
I would not want snow in the spring.
I do not like it, Old Frost King.

Would you? Could you? On a car?
Cold snow! Wet Snow! On a car.

I would not, could not, On a car.

You may like it. You will see.
You may like it on a tree!

I would not, could not, on a tree.
Not on a car! You let me be.

I do not like it from a box.
I do not like it on my socks.
I do not like it on my home.
I do not like it on a gnome.
I do not like it here or there.
I do not like it anywhere.
I do not like snow in the spring.
I do not like it Old Frost King.

In Maine! In Maine! In Maine! In Maine!
Could you, would you, up in Maine?

Not up in Maine! Not on a tree!
Not on a car! Frost! Let me be!

I would not, could not, from a box.
I could not, would not, on my socks.
I will not like it on a gnome.
I will not like it on my home.
I will not like it here or there.
I will not like it anywhere.
I do not like snow in the spring.
I do not like it, Old Frost King.

Say! In the dark?
Here in the dark?
Would you, could you, in the dark?

I would not, could not, in the dark.

Would you, could you, mixed with rain?

I would not, could not, mixed with rain.
Not in the dark. Not up in Maine.
Not on a car. Not on a tree.
I do not like it, Frost, you see.
Not on my home. Not from a box.
Not on a gnome. Not on my socks.
I will not like it here or there.
I do not like it anywhere!

You do not like snow in the spring?

I do not like it, Old Frost King.

Could you, would you, on a flower?

I would not, could not, on a flower!

Would you, could you, without power?

I could not, would not, without power.
I will not, will not, on a flower.
I will not like it mixed with rain.
I will not like it up in Maine.
Not in the dark! Not on a tree!
Not on a car! You let me be!
I do not like it from a box.
I do not like it on my socks.
I will not like it on my home.
I do not like it on a gnome.
I do not like it here or there.
I do not like it ANYWHERE!

I do not like snow in the spring!
I do not like it, Old Frost King.

You do not like it. So you say.
Try it! Try it!And you may.
Try it and you may, I say.

Frost! If you will let me be,
I will show you. You will see.

See!
I have had snow in the spring!
I have and do not like it, Old Frost King!
I have seen kill the power.
And I have seen it kill the flowers

And I have seen it mixed with rain.
And in the dark. And up in Maine.
And on a car. And on a tree.
It is so cold and wet, you see!

I would not want from a box.
I hate the coldness on my socks.
I do not want it on my home.
I do not want it on a gnome.
I do not want it here or there.
I really don't want it ANYWHERE!

I do not like snow in the spring!
Go away!Go away! Old Frost King!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Now that it is warm I can have a good laugh at this . . . but not long ago I would have appreciated it much differently -- with just a grim aggreeing!!

    ReplyDelete