Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Fearless by Elvira Woodruff

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: "As Diggory put the knife in his sack, the warmth of his cousin's kindness lit up his face until he heard his aunt whisper darkly, 'If you do not find your father alive, keep going.'" pg. 17 of Fearless by Elvira Woodruff.

My Thoughts: Fearless is a middle grade novel about a boy who is terrified of the sea but has to go find his father who is presumed dead after a shipwreck. So far I haven't really had much time to get into it yet so I don't know what I think but it looks like it could be cute.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, well my current read in a non-fiction but I LOVE it...Here goes: "The only problem is that so far there's been no mention of wullfs." and "We're pretty sure we're not in Kansas."

    Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on a Liebster award post and you are one of my nominees. If you want to jump on board, click on over in an hour or two when I get it posted and see what it entails. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete